Green Procurement Guidelines
In recent years, the role of corporations for environmental protection has become increasingly important for construction of the "Sustainable society". We believe that environmental activities should be conducted based on the recognition that "harmony with the environment is an important element to our company products and services for customers".
Indeed, we think that providing environmentally friendly products and services from the customer's perspective will lead to fulfilling our "social responsibility" as a good corporate citizen.
However, in order to realize this, it is essential that our company not only make efforts, but also that our suppliers, who supply the parts and materials (production material) that make up our products, take steps to protect the environment and deliver production materials that have less impact on the environment. This means that we will work together with our suppliers to create the "Sustainable society". From this perspective, we will give priority to the procurement of environmentally friendly materials from suppliers engaged in environmental protection. (Green procurement: Purchase from companies engaged in environmental protection and Priority purchase of production materials with less environmental impact)
This guideline describes the items to be observed in Green procurement. If it is necessary to define the required specifications for specify production material, our company will show the required specifications in a separate purchase specification apart from this guideline.
We invite our suppliers to share this guideline and work hand in hand with us to respond the situation changed by legal regulations and social trends.
Shinano Kenshi Co., Ltd.
The objective of these guidelines is, in regards to all production materials procured by our company*1, to respond legal laws related to all our products and to conduct actively environmental protection.
- Implementation of environmental management activities
- Compliance with various laws and regulations and our company standards*2 based on those laws and regulations
- Provision of information on chemical substances contained in production materials delivered to our company
*1"Our company" refers to Shinano Kenshi Co., Ltd., and affiliated companies.
*2"Our company standards" refers to "Chemical substances of object investigation and management rank" specified separately.
These guidelines apply to all production materials procured by our company (Products, parts, materials, chemicals, auxiliary materials, and packaging materials).
4. Requirements to suppliers
1. Implementation of environmental management activities
Environmental management activities are carried out at plants and offices where production materials are produced or packaged. These activities include the following (ⅰ-ⅵ). In particular, it is desirable that the environmental management system is certified by a third party [ISO 14001, Eco Action 21, etc.].
- ⅰ. Develop environmental policies.
- Managements of suppliers are requested to make it clear that the company will actively engage in environmental management activities and communicate this information to all employees.
- ⅱ. Set up an environmental management organization and appoint an environmental representative.
- Suppliers are requested to appoint the manager and responsible persons for environmental management activities, and to establish the management organization.
- ⅲ. Develop environmental targets and plans.
- Suppliers are requested to develop environmental targets and plans to achieve environmental protection.
- ⅳ. Conduct environmental education and training for employees.
- Suppliers are requested to make the contents necessary for environmental management activities known to all employees.
- ⅴ. Conduct regular environmental audits
- Suppliers are requested to evaluate by itself the progress of the environmental protection plan, the achievement of the environmental targets and the status of the achievement and report to the management, and use the results for new activities.
- ⅵ. Implementation of environmental management activities in writing
- Suppliers are requested to clarify the standards and procedures necessary for environmental management activities in writing, and review the contents of them as necessary.
2. Compliance with various laws and regulations and our company standards based on those laws and regulations
Suppliers are requested to realize and comply with environmental laws and regulations related to business activities (Air Pollution Control Law, Water Pollution Control Law, Waste Management Law, Global Warming Countermeasures Promotion Law, Energy Conservation Law, Basic Law for Establishing a Recycling-based Society, Basic Law on Biodiversity, etc.), and comply with our company standards based on those laws and regulations.
3. Provision of information on chemical substances contained in products delivered to our company
Suppliers are requested to provide information on chemical substances contained in products delivered by suppliers (RoHS Directive, REACH Regulations, etc.). Please contact purchasing representative of our company for the format.
5. Implementation of Green procurements
At our company, we define production materials that comply with various environmental laws and regulations and our company standards based on those laws and regulations as "Green procurement products", and we implement Green procurements as follows.
- Confirm the status of "Implementation of environmental management activities"
At the start of transactions and when necessary, we request suppliers to submit the status of "Implementation of environmental management activities".
- Request to provide information on chemical substances contained in writing
The suppliers are requested to confirm the status of compliance with various laws and regulations individually requested and our company standards based on the laws and regulations, and to provide information on chemical substances contained in the products in writing showing compliance.
Contact information for details
1078, Kami-Marko, Ueda-shi, Nagano-ken, 386-0498, JAPAN
Shinano Kenshi Co., Ltd.
Shinano Kenshi Group green procurement standards
Please download our green procurement standards from below.